Generating referrals is essential to any sales strategy, but to reap the benefits of those leads, you must ensure the referrals convert to admissions. Effective customer relationship management (CRM) can help you streamline and automate this process – which can lead to faster sales and more conversions. How? When you have a clear view of a partner’s referral patterns, you can get a better grasp of their needs and goals. You can then leverage that understanding to customize your talking points, address each conversation from the partner’s point of view, and make a more compelling case for why they should partner with your agency.
1.) Increase Sales Team Efficiency
Implementing the right CRM software can increase the velocity of your sales efforts by improving sales team efficiency. With data available through your CRM, you can gain access to the real decision-makers in your target accounts’ organizations – thereby saving your sales team valuable time trying to identify the right contacts at the accounts they are visiting. This information can also help you strengthen referral relationships by allowing you to call attention to areas where your agency excels.
The right CRM software provides a single, streamlined solution for your sales team by offering:
- Functionalities to create effective sales plans, direction on how to execute those plans, and ways to evaluate performance to ensure sales reps stay on track with their goals.
- A single source for all contacts, ensuring that your team spends time with the right people on every account and that those contacts are always documented.
- An easy way for sales reps to quickly capture and reference notes on the road to help improve conversations with top accounts.
All of these features also help reduce the impact of turnover on your team. New sales reps can access the entire history for all the information they need at each account, including whom to contact and notes of past visits. A CRM gets new teams up and running quickly, so they can start making an immediate positive impact on referrals. Plus, your key contacts will feel like they’re picking up where they left off, as opposed to starting over with a new rep unfamiliar with their account.
2.) Engage in Better Sales Conversations
What do your referral sources really want? Your CRM solution will help you answer that question by empowering your salespeople with insights into their needs, challenges, and patient population to strengthen key relationships with top referrers. Whether you’re talking with a new potential partner or an existing one, each conversation should build on the last and deliver value.
A CRM helps your sales reps deliver that continuity and value by:
- Referencing their activity notes from previous conversations and events.
- Sharing information on referred patient statuses by integrating your EHR platform, thus clinically connecting your rep where there is typically a gap.
- Leveraging compelling talking points via your CRM provider (like Sales Spotlight from Trella Health) or approved messaging uploaded by your team.
Your sales reps are constantly on the go. They may already have access to a lot of this data, but it may not be easily accessible, especially when they’re on the road. With a CRM, you can increase the chances of salespeople using compelling data in their conversations with referral sources – simply by equipping them with the tools for success that can be incorporated into their everyday workflow. As a result, your whole team will be empowered to stay on brand with a consistent message about your organization.
3.) Make Data-Informed Business Decisions
What are the biggest challenges posed by your competitors? How are conditions changing in your market, and how are these changes impacting your admissions?
An effective CRM can provide you with insightful data on these questions and more, such as:
- The ability to help your sales team make data-driven decisions with historical market intelligence, current referral data, and sales rep activity captured in one solution.
- Utilizing market-wide data points to evaluate the ROI of sales efforts, identify coaching opportunities, understand market shifts beyond your team, and ultimately improve referral predictability.
- Allowing sales reps and managers to track their current referral and admission trends, as well as referral conversion rates, and in turn make ongoing adjustments to plans and activities to ensure your organization is achieving admission targets.
With easy access to all this information, you’re also enabled to identify key performance issues and other factors that can lead to improvements and better value for your referral sources. Further, the insights inside your CRM will help your sales leadership evaluate the overall efficiency and effectiveness of your sales team. Access to this knowledge allows you to make more proactive business decisions, rather than reactive ones. Essentially, with the right data – available through your CRM – you can create change within your market that will positively impact your business.
Next steps: See Trella Health’s Purpose-Built CRM for Post-Acute Care
Streamline your sales and marketing efforts, improve your referral partner interactions, and increase productivity with a CRM for scalable growth. Let us show you how! Our intelligent mobile app keeps your teams focused and productive in the field, while our web version allows for robust relationship management functionality. Infused with Trella’s unmatched market intelligence and EHR integrated workflows, you can advance your organization with certainty. Request a demo today to see it in action.